MIT General Manager
The ideal candidate would be having experience in middle management, someone who is comfortable in the technology space. He or she should be ambitious and can fit in well with our small team. The person we are looking for should be able to assume a leadership role to take over as a successor in the business. We are a small company in Pretoria, who are manufacturing the Goldiux range of Light meters. We are also importing and supplying specialist technical instrumentation and components for R&D in science, technology and engineering for many applications ranging from Aerospace & Defense to biomedical research. We are looking for a technical all-rounder who is looking for a career opportunity in a niche market business with a good future. The candidate should be able to manage the daily operation of the business and be able to grow the business as well as have the technical background to understand the select product range. Responsibilities include financial management and operations, knowledge of HR, admin and corporate governance with high ethical values. Good digital skills in marketing and sales as well as good interpersonal and communication skills are required. for maintaining the standard of work from employees as well as onboarding and hiring new team members. Offering a basic salary with good prospects for ‘advancement.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of people, delegate and monitor staff.
- Manage operations and finances of business.
- Drive the business in terms of marketing and sales.
- Keep on top of new developments on the technical front.
- Ensure that quality of work or service is maintained.
- Experience in Management, finance and administration.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, team player.
- Comfortable with instrumentation and technology, preferably a university qualification.
- Proven ability in success to drive an independent debt-free business to new levels of success.
- Comfort working with budgets, payroll, revenue and forecasting Strong communications skills.